TRACK TRANSPORT - BUS OR CAR?

The Great Walks in the South Island of New Zealand are incredible and VERY popular.  Often, to include the Routeburn Track, Milford Track or Kepler Track into your travel itinerary requires advance planning.  If you are booking ahead consider track transport - why don't you plan your itinerary one way around the South Island to see more, do more and save more with less backtracking.

While Easyhike specializes in vehicle relocation, we are still here to help if you are set on bus transport. There are several factors to consider when perfectly planning your travel logistics.  ie. What is more important to you? Spending your travel time enjoying New Zealand and seeing/doing more, or spending less money on logistics as you have plenty of time and don't mind riding the bus for several hours.


Jucy Camper at Milford Highway


FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING YOUR TRACK TRANSPORT

Rate/Consider your most important factors - this will vary; depending on your plans, your vacation style, how much time you have, and how much you want to see and do in New Zealand. Have you considered:


Saving money
Simplicity and efficiency
Safe driving on New Zealand roads
Convenience - your own time schedule and vehicle/belongings
Flexibility to visit other places or stop/take photos/camp along the way

Saving time
Luggage requirements (belongings you won't take hiking)
Back tracking or taking a round trip
Rental car costs
Visiting/staying in Milford Sound at your leisure

EASYHIKE TRACK TRANSPORT SERVICE

While Easyhike specializes in vehicle relocation, we are still here to help if you are set on a bus for your track transport. There are so many choices out there for track transport, and we know all the best options to make best use of your time getting on and off the track.

So tap into our experience and let us personally choose you the bus transport that most suits your needs.  The best part?  We offer you this intelligent booking service for the same price you pay booking direct.

IT'S EASY!

Step 1 - Choose your track itinerary and enter the dates/directions and ideal times for your transport (Select both your start and finish dates on the booking system and provide further time preferences in the fields provided.)

Step 2 - Easyhike will book the best option to suit your plans and confirm the details with you by email within 48 hours after your booking.

Step 3 - Check your confirmed Track Transport details. Something not quite right?  Let us know within 48 hours of the booking conformation - we will adjust as required.

PAYMENT DETAILS

Pay 10% by credit card when you choose your transport option.  We will take the other 90% from the same credit card when we confirm your transport - and we aim to have this sorted within 48 hours.

THE SMALL PRINT  (not so small in this case!)

All transport bookings must be made online via easyhike.nz. Once Easyhike have booked and confirmed your transport – you have 48 hours to tell us this option doesn’t work for you for and we will adjust it at no extra cost.  If you want to change your plans after this time there will be a 10% adjustment fee - due to the time it takes us to assist you.  If you wish to cancel your booking between 48 hours after our initial confirmation and 24 hours prior to your transport date a 15% cancellation fee applies.  If cancelling after this time, refund will be on a case by case basis, taking operator cancellation charges into account.

If DOC have warned you that the track may close during your walk and you wish to adjust your booking, talk directly to the transport operator in the first instance.  No booking adjustment fees at our end apply in this case and refund amount of up to 90% depends on the charges by the transport operator.

Bus/Shuttle operator terms and conditions apply at all times for bookings made through Easyhike. Easyhike Track Transport Service Terms and Conditions can be found here.

COST COMPARISON - BUS OR CAR RELOCATION?

Check out prices and options below by clicking between tabs: 'Car Relocation' and 'Bus Transport Itineraries'
Note. The Routeburn Track starts approx 5 hours drive from where it finishes.

Searching Availability...